- Kul Bahadur Khadka, the Nepalese general appointed acting army chief by former Maoist Prime Minister Prachanda denies allegations of plans to stage a coup d'tat.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal Girija Prasad Koirala and Maoist guerilla leader Prachanda sign a peace treaty ending 11 years of civil war in Nepal.
- In Nepal, Pushpa Kamal Dahal takes the oath of office and secrecy as Prime Minister.
- Nepalese Chief Justice Khil Raj Regmi takes oath of office as new Prime Minister of the country, heading an interim government with the task of conducting elections.
- Nepal's lawmakers fail to elect a new Prime Minister as no candidate manages to secure the required number of votes .