- Sky News
- An avalanche in the Alps kills three skiers and injures two in Valais, Switzerland.
- Five people are killed in an avalanche that buried 17 Czechs in Austria.
- A cable car crash at Sölden, Ötztal, in the Austrian Alps leaves nine people dead when a helicopter carrying construction materials dropped concrete onto the cable.
- An avalanche destroys the Austrian village of Galtür, killing 31.
- Poland and Israel join Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Australia and Austria in announcing that, despite their agreement in July, they will not sign the United Nations Global Compact for Migration in Marrakech on 10–11 December 2018.