At least 20,000 civilians were reportedly killed during the final five months of Sri Lanka's civil war.
- The Times
- The Sri Lankan Army kills 91 people and injures 87 others at a hospital inside a civilian safe zone.
- Forensic anthropologists from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, report that more than 90 sets of human remains have been discovered near the town of Mannar. The mass grave is situated in an area that saw heavy fighting during the country's civil war.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visits Sri Lanka's Jaffna District to hand over 27,000 homes to Tamil survivors of the Sri Lankan Civil War.
- Sri Lanka marks the third anniversary of the end of its 26-year civil war with a large military parade in Colombo.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council urges Sri Lanka to "credibly investigate" possible war crimes committed during the Sri Lankan Civil War.