Sixteen people are killed and more than 20 injured when a bus crashes near Yambol, Bulgaria.
- Poland and Israel join Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Australia and Austria in announcing that, despite their agreement in July, they will not sign the United Nations Global Compact for Migration in Marrakech on 10–11 December 2018.
- A bus falls into the Iskar Gorge near Svoge, Bulgaria, leaving 17 people dead and 17 injured.
- A train en route to Istanbul from Bulgaria derails in Tekirdağ Province, Turkey, killing 24 people and injuring 73.
- A Moroccan national is extradited from Bulgaria to Morocco to face trial for terrorism and ISIL membership.
- Bulgarian customs agents seize 191 kg of heroin in transit for Belgium and the Netherlands at the border with Turkey. The drugs, with a street value of €6 million, were hidden under tile glue and detected by a sniffer dog.