Person of interest
- Sky News
- Police questioning two men suspected of plotting terror attacks in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire are granted an extension until April 10 to detain the suspects.
- Police raid two homes in West Yorkshire and detain two men suspected of "being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism".
- Police in California arrest Ramon Escobar, 47, on charges of killing and assaulting homeless people, and are investigating whether he may have attacked a fisherman napping beneath a pier, in the cities of Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California. Authorities believe Escobar may be a serial killer, who is now a person of interest in the disappearance of his aunt and uncle in Houston, Texas.
- Police release two men detained for terrorism in Dewsbury, saying they are confident no terrorism offences can be charged.
- DNA tests confirm Ata, an unusual six-inch-long mummy found in Chile in 2003, to be the remains of a newborn human with genetic mutations.