- Times Online
- Germany allows Canadian company Magna International to take over automaker Opel.
- General Motors confirms it will close an Opel factory in Antwerp, Belgium, cutting 2,300 jobs.
- General Motors says it may provide its struggling Swedish subsidiary Saab Automobile with US$400 million.
- Swedish Minister of Enterprise and Energy Maud Olofsson criticizes General Motors for "abandoning" the struggling automaker Saab Automobile.
- United States automaker General Motors announces it will cut 10,000 jobs in its salaried workforce and the pay of remaining employees.