Digital Sky Technologies invested $200 million in the social networking company in return for a 1.96 percent stake.
- New York Times (Image)
- Facebook announces that it has suspended 32 accounts it believes intended to influence the 2018 mid-term elections in the United States. The company says while it is uncertain who operated these accounts, at least one is linked to the Russian-based Internet Research Agency.
- Facebook tells congressional investigators an operation, traced to a Russian company seeking to target voters, spent $100,000 on thousands of U.S. ads promoting divisive social and political messages during the 2016 U.S. election.
- Facebook agrees to disclose ads that ran in the U.S. in 2016 from accounts associated with a Russian entity known as the Internet Research Agency to United States Congressional investigators. Earlier, this information was provided to Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
- Facebook blocks a social network suicide website.
- At least 13 passengers are killed in a head-on bus collision in Tver, Russia. The bus driver and another passenger are injured.