- The United States imposes sanctions on two Russian shipping companies and six vessels for involvement in oil transfer to North Korea.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in announces plans to create a Northeast Asian railroad community with North Korea, the United States, China, Japan, Russia, and Mongolia.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi says India will launch its first manned space mission by 2022, which would make it the fourth nation to do so after Russia, the United States, and China.
- Facebook announces that it has suspended 32 accounts it believes intended to influence the 2018 mid-term elections in the United States. The company says while it is uncertain who operated these accounts, at least one is linked to the Russian-based Internet Research Agency.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signs a law - voted by the State Duma on 22 May and approved by the State Council on 30 May - with countermeasures against actions of the United States and other "unfriendly" countries.