- Sky News
- North Korea may be preparing for an imminent thermonuclear weapon test at its Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site, located in the country's North Hamgyong Province where previous tests took place in 2006, 2009 and 2013, according to a South Korean military report.
- North Korea is set to allow inspections of its Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site, which officially closed in May 2018.
- North Korea celebrates its 70th anniversary with a military parade in Pyongyang with the absence of its international ballistic missiles.
- Photos taken on July 20 and 22 and published by 38 North appear to show North Korea dismantling a ballistic missile launchpad and engine testing stand at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station.
- U.S. President Donald Trump's National Security Advisor John R. Bolton states that the United States has a plan to dismantle the nuclear weapons program of North Korea in a year.