- France 24
- Elton John makes his Moroccan debut at the Mawazine festival in Rabat, ignoring calls for him to be banned by Islamists who feared he would offend public morals.
- The Court of Appeal in Rabat, Morocco, acquits Younes Chekkouri of undermining the security of the state. Chekkouri was detained in Guantanamo Bay detention camp for 14 years without charges.
- In Rabat, Morocco, some 30.000 protesters march to call for release of prisoners of war held by Polisario in Algeria.
- At least seven people are killed and more than 80 others injured after a train derails in Bouknadel, Morocco.
- Mounir el-Motassadeq, sentenced to 15 years in prison as a member of the Hamburg cell of the September 11 attackers, was deported from Hamburg, Germany to Morocco.