- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon recalls his envoy and closes an office in Sri Lanka due to protests over a war crimes panel.
- Sri Lankan lawmaker Wimal Weerawansa ends his hunger strike against United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's decision to send a human rights panel to investigate war crimes to the country.
- UN General Secretary Ban Ki-moon warns that the crisis may soon become "uncontrollable". The Commander of the United States Pacific Command Samuel J. Locklear describes the situation as a threat to the U.S but states that North Korean missiles will not be destroyed, unless a serious threat.
- The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says there is no prospect of an end to the conflict in Syria.
- Syrian uprising: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says Syria has failed in its obligation to pull its troops out of urban areas, according to a peace plan.