Madhav Kumar Nepal of the Communist Party (Unified Marxist-Leninist) is elected as Prime Minister of Nepal.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal, Madhav Kumar Nepal, announces his resignation by a live television address.
- In Nepal, Pushpa Kamal Dahal takes the oath of office and secrecy as Prime Minister.
- Nepalese Chief Justice Khil Raj Regmi takes oath of office as new Prime Minister of the country, heading an interim government with the task of conducting elections.
- Nepal's lawmakers fail to elect a new Prime Minister as no candidate manages to secure the required number of votes .
- A large Maoist-led strike in Kathmandu shuts down the city in a bid to force Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal to resign.