Fourteen people are killed as a King Air 350 crashes near Trancoso, Bahia, Brazil.
Authorities say 14 people were killed in the crash of a small executive jet at a luxury beach resort in north-eastern Brazil, raising the death toll from 11.
- AFP via ABC News (Image)
- Eleven people die, including five hostages, as armed police battle robbers who had tried to raid two banks in Milagres, Ceará, Brazil.
- A gunman kills four people and injures four others at a Catholic cathedral in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. The gunman commits suicide after the attack.
- The president-elect of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, states that he will honor his campaign pledge to move the country's embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- A landslide leaves at least 10 people dead while eleven others are injured in Niterói, Brazil.
- Brazilians elect Jair Bolsonaro of the Social Liberal Party as president, with 55% of the vote, in the second round of the presidential election.