Former South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun commits suicide.
USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.
- AP via ''USA Today (Image)
- Former President Roh Moo-hyun's state funeral is held in Seoul, South Korea.
- President Roh Moo-hyun nominates Han Myung-Sook to become the South Korea's first woman prime minister.
- In South Korea, Uri Party chairman Chung Dong-young calls on the opposition parties to withdraw the motion for impeachment against President Roh Moo-hyun.
- The parliament of South Korea votes to impeach President Roh Moo-hyun, saying he "breached election rules" by calling for support for the Uri Party. Prime Minister Goh Kun will run the country until the Constitutional Court rules on the issue. Roh's supporters dismiss the move as a power play to influence the upcoming April elections. Thousands protest in support of Roh.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in states that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un wants to meet with U.S. President Donald Trump for a second time.