A bomb kills two people and injures 12 others in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- A car bomb kills at least six people and injures 70 others in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- A bomb kills two people and injures 12 others in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Maoist rebels shoot a police officer and detonate two bombs in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
- An aircraft operated by Bangladeshi airline US-Bangla Airlines crashes at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal, killing 49 of the 71 people on board.
- A strong 7.9 earthquake strikes between the Nepalese capital Kathmandu and the regional headquarter city of Pokhara. The Government of Nepal declares a state of emergency with 1500 dead. A number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites are destroyed, including the historic Dharahara tower. Deaths are also recorded in India, Bangladesh and the Chinese province of Tibet.
- Turkish Airlines Flight TK726, landing in dense fog in the Nepalese capital Kathmandu, skids off a slippery runway, however, there are no serious injuries.
- A Dornier Do 228 light aircraft operated by Sita Air crashes on the outskirts of the Nepalese capital of Kathmandu, killing all 16 passengers and three crew on board.