The United Nations requests aid for 1,500,000 people who have been displaced by war in northwest Pakistan.
- Sky News
- A suicide-bomb attack outside the regional office of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) in the northwestern Pakistani city of Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, leaves at least 26 people dead and 45 wounded. The militant Islamist group Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan splinter group, claims responsibility for the attack.
- The Taliban kidnaps approximately 400 people in North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan.
- United States President Barack Obama announces a new military strategy for the War in North-West Pakistan and the War in Afghanistan.
- The Taliban announces a ceasefire in its war in northwest Pakistan's Swat Valley.
- The Taliban and Pakistan agree to a permanent ceasefire in the war in North-West Frontier Province.