Spain's National Police Corps arrests 23 people for trafficking Nigerian prostitutes through voodoo.
- The Spanish-based Proactiva Open Arms NGO rescues more than 700 migrants in the Mediterranean Sea about 17 miles north of Sabratha, Libya. The rescued, who are from Nigeria, are transferred to the Italian Coast Guard.
- A Spanish doctor, identified as AM, is sentenced to a year in prison for his role in the death of the former First Lady of Nigeria, Stella Obasanjo.
- At least 12 people die in flash flooding on the Spanish island of Mallorca, including nationals of at least 3 countries. A five-year-old child is missing.
- A spat in a market in Nigeria's northern Kaduna State resulted in 55 dead. After the brawl, 22 people were arrested.
- The death toll of an accidental explosion in Aba, Nigeria, rises to 200. Over 2,000 people protest, claiming that the pipeline explosion was caused by NNPC's negligence.