Spain's National Police Corps arrests 23 people for trafficking Nigerian prostitutes through voodoo.
- The Spanish-based Proactiva Open Arms NGO rescues more than 700 migrants in the Mediterranean Sea about 17 miles north of Sabratha, Libya. The rescued, who are from Nigeria, are transferred to the Italian Coast Guard.
- A Spanish doctor, identified as AM, is sentenced to a year in prison for his role in the death of the former First Lady of Nigeria, Stella Obasanjo.
- In two separate incidents, there are a total of at least seventeen migrants killed after they attempted to cross the Mediterranean Sea from North Africa to Spain.
- Nigerian police killed 104 cattle thieves in operations in the north-western state of Zamfara.
- Doctors and firefighters strike in Catalonia, Spain, over budget cuts, ending with clashes between demonstrators and Mossos d'Esquadra at the doors of Catalan Parliament. Students and teachers start a two-day strike.