- At least 36 people die during combat between the Transitional Federal Government and Islamist militants in Webho, Somalia.
- Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, Prime Minister of the United Nations-backed Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, calls on UN agencies basing themselves in Kenya for safety reasons to move to Mogadishu within three months, citing the presence of UN agencies in "more dangerous" cities such as Kabul and Baghdad.
- The Government of Somalia claims that 10 members of the al-Shabab militant group have been killed when bombs they were preparing went off prematurely in Mogadishu.
- The United Nations says around 204,000 people have fled violence in Mogadishu, Somalia as a result of a militant offensive against government forces.
- Somali President Sharif Ahmed requests international aid in combating Islamic militants.