The Communist Party kills 16 police officers near Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- A Naxalite landmine kills three police officers in the Gadchiroli district of India's Maharashtra state.
- A landmine explosion in Maharashtra, India, allegedly by Maoist insurgents, kills 15 policemen and injures 13 others.
- At least 11 Central Reserve Police Force troops are killed after their convoy is attacked by suspected Communist Party of India militants in Chhattisgarh.
- At least 17 army personnel are killed in a fire in an ammunitions depot in the Indian town of Pulgaon, Maharashtra.
- Indian women's rights activists are barred by angry villagers and local authorities from entering Shani Shingnapur temple despite a court ruling guaranteeing access. Breaking with a centuries-old tradition, the high court in Mumbai ruled women have a fundamental right to enter Hindu temples across the state of Maharashtra, and the government has the responsibility to protect their rights. Bhumata Ranragini Brigade leader Trupti Desai and 25 other supporters were detained by police. All India Mahila Congress President Shobha Oza and Delhi Commission for Women chairwoman Swati Maliwal called the actions of locals and authorities "completely shameful."