Israel evicts Jewish settlers from a hilltop in the West Bank.
Israeli police evicted Jewish settlers from a West Bank hilltop on Thursday, a day after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu returned from Washington, where he was urged to take just such action.
- Reuters (Image)
- Israel approves the construction of 2,500 more new settlement homes in the West Bank, the most in years and the second time new homes were approved since Donald Trump was inaugurated as President of the United States.
- Israel cancels proposed plans to build new settlements in the West Bank after US and Palestinian opposition.
- More than 150 Israeli academics say they will no longer lecture or work in Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
- The body of a Palestinian teenager said to have been shot dead by Jewish settlers is found. He is the first to die since Israel and the Palestinian National Authority began indirect peace talks on Saturday. In a retaliation shooting, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claims responsibility for firing on a car of Jewish civilians in the West Bank.
- Thousands of Jewish settlers stage a protest at the curbs on settlement building in the West Bank.