- Seven people are missing following an apartment fire and explosion in the Canadian town of Woodstock, Ontario, and seven people, including one firefighter are hospitalised for injuries.
- Shedden massacre: The bodies of eight members of the infamous Bandidos biker group are found by a resident in a cornfield in southwest Ontario, Canada. The incident is considered a cleansing of the gang's inner circle. The Ontario Provincial Police launch a full-scale murder investigation.
- Canadian citizens residing in Ontario go to the polls to elect a new provincial government.
- Fifteen people are injured after two suspects detonate an improvised explosive device at a restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The suspects immediately fled the scene.
- Ontario Provincial Police charge a former Canadian nurse, Elizabeth Tracy Mae Wettlaufer, in Woodstock, Ontario, with killing eight elderly patients between August 2007 and August 2014 at two Caressant Care Nursing and Retirement Homes facilities.