Flood-hit south-east Queensland has been declared a natural disaster zone after the death of a man on the Gold Coast this afternoon.
- ABC News Australia (Image)
- The Australian Bureau of Meteorology is predicting that a low pressure system in the Coral Sea will develop into tropical cyclone Marcia within 24 hours and bring heavy rain to South East Queensland with the potential to cause flooding.
- Evacuation orders are issued for the Australian towns of Griffith and Forbes due to floods moving west through the Murray-Darling basin.
- Thousands of people living on the Mid North Coast of the Australian state of New South Wales face a flooding risk, with the town of Kempsey under particular threat and with ten thousand people isolated.
- New South Wales, Australia, declares its flooded Mid North Coast a disaster area.
- Two people die and 700 others seek medical attention, including three people in critical condition at the Defqon.1 Festival in Sydney, Australia, for drug-related issues. Premier of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian says that the event is dangerous and will never take place again, effectively banning the music festival.