Israel must freeze all pending east Jerusalem home demolitions, UN report says.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon criticises Israel's refusal to cease illegal settlement building on Palestinian land, telling a UN General Assembly gathering that he is "very concerned at the lack of progress towards peace" and that the recent demolition of East Jerusalem's historic Shepherd Hotel and evictions of Palestinian families had "heightened tensions." He later meets survivors of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp.
- United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in Palestinian territories occupied by Israel since 1967, Richard A. Falk, issues a statement calling Israel's plan to demolish 20 Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem illegal and states the forceful transfer of four Palestinians in another incident could be a "war crime".
- U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon states as "illegal and unhelpful" the plan to demolish Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem to make way for a tourist park.
- Israeli police clash with Palestinian protesters objecting to an "extremely provocative" march by settlers in Silwan in East Jerusalem, calling for the removal of Palestinians who live in the area.
- The Israel Police kill a Palestinian terrorist in East Jerusalem as he rams them with his tractor.