The Sri Lankan Army kills 91 people and injures 87 others at a hospital inside a civilian safe zone.
- At least 20,000 civilians were reportedly killed during the final five months of Sri Lanka's civil war.
- Artillery shelling kills 50 people and injures 40 more at a hospital in Sri Lanka's war zone.
- The Sri Lankan Army captures Mullaitivu, the Tamil Tigers' final stronghold in the ongoing Civil War.
- Sri Lankan Civil War: Heavy fighting continues as part of the Northern offensive between the country's Army and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam around the city of Kilinochchi.
- Sri Lankan Civil War: Thousands of civilians flee their homes in Sri Lanka because of fighting between government troops and the Tamil Tigers.