- "The Globe and Mail" refutes portions of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney's testimony about his relationship with German arms dealer Karlheinz Schreiber.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shuts down a woman who heckled him about illegal immigration, telling her that "racism has no place" in Canada.
- Jaspal Atwal, who was the subject of attention during Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's visit to India, is charged after making death threats against a Canadian radio host.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his government has "compelling reason to believe" that Robert Hall, who was held hostage in the Philippines, has been killed by his captors, presumably the same Abu Sayyaf militants who beheaded another Canadian, John Ridsdel, on 25 April 2016.
- Justin Trudeau, son of former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, is chosen as the new leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.