A 47-million-year-old skeleton of a lemur species is discovered in Germany.
- Sky News
- German media uncover a large ISIL terrorism plot which had been foiled in 2016.
- Mounir el-Motassadeq, sentenced to 15 years in prison as a member of the Hamburg cell of the September 11 attackers, was deported from Hamburg, Germany to Morocco.
- Voters in Bavaria, Germany go to the polls for electing the 180 members of the 18th Landtag of Bavaria, with the Christian-democratic conservative CSU party suffering significant losses.
- A small plane crashes into a crowd near Fulda, Germany, killing three people and injuring eight others.
- The foreign ministers of Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China and Iran agree to the creation of a Special Purpose Vehicle, a financial facility in the European Union, to facilitate payments and continue trade with Iran after the US withdrawal from the Iran deal.