- In Spain, police arrest Raffaele Amato, head of a mafia gang that has waged turf wars against other gangs in Naples, Italy.
- Politicians from Germany, Spain, and Portugal visit MV "Lifeline" amid negotiations for the ship to dock in Malta or Italy, both of which have refused permission.
- Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announces that he will allow a migrant vessel carrying 629 rescued migrants, including children and pregnant women, to dock in Valencia after Malta and Italy both refused the vessel.
- A judge in Ragusa, Sicily, Italy, orders the release of a Proactiva Open Arms migrant search and rescue ship detained in Pozzallo since arriving there on March 18 carrying over 200 migrants rescued from the Mediterranean Sea. Catania prosecutors requested the Spanish ship's detention alleging involvement in illegal immigration after Proactiva refused to hand the migrants over to Libya.
- Bolivia, Ethiopia, Italy, Kazakhstan, and Sweden begin their terms on the United Nations Security Council, replacing Angola, Malaysia, New Zealand, Spain, and Venezuela.