Four oil companies announce a plan to supply Europe with natural gas from Kurdistan, Iraq, via the Nabucco pipeline.
- More than a dozen alleged ISIS-linked, terrorist members of Rawti Shax, a European offshoot of the Iraqi Kurdish jihadist network Ansar al-Islam, are arrested in a coordinated, multi-nation sweep by police across Europe. The operation dismantled an integrated cell in Italy, the United Kingdom, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, and Germany. The group is accused of radicalizing fighters, planning attacks targeting Norwegian and British diplomats in the Middle East, and planning to establish a caliphate in Iraq's Kurdistan region.
- Russia and Ukraine agree to resend natural gas through pipelines to Europe.
- Russia's Gazprom alleges that Ukraine has blocked three key gas pipelines to Europe, making natural gas delivery there impossible.
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin questions the commitment of the European Union to the construction of the Nord Stream pipeline to establish a natural gas delivery network from his country to Europe. A European Commission spokesman responds, "The EU continues to strongly support the Nord Stream pipeline".
- Ali Bashar, the main suspect in the murder and rape case of a 14-year-old German-Jewish girl in Wiesbaden, Germany is arrested by Kurdish forces in Northern Iraq.