Somalia)">Al-Shabaab captures Jowhar, Somalia, from the Transitional Federal Government.
- At least 36 people die during combat between the Transitional Federal Government and Islamist militants in Webho, Somalia.
- Seventeen people, including the head of Mogadishu's police force, are killed in fighting between the Transitional Federal Government and al-Shabaab.
- Combat between the government and the Islamic Courts Union kills at least 123 people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Somalia's Transitional Federal Government collapses after Al-Shabaab captures Baidoa.
- More than 200 Islamist insurgents surrender to African Union troops in Jowhar, Somalia. Al-Shabaab kills a member of the Somali Parliament and threatens to kill more.