Thousands of German workers marched through Berlin today to demand the government do more to protect jobs, highlighting popular…
- The Irish Times (Image)
- Police and protesters battle during May Day demonstrations in Germany, Greece, and Turkey.
- In Berlin, police raid an apartment and arrest a suspected Russian Islamic extremist who had allegedly stored a large amount of TATP in October 2016 and plotted with a Frenchman to bomb an unspecified public place in Germany.
- German police defuse a parcel bomb in Berlin. It is thought to be the fourth device sent by a blackmailer targetting DHL.
- Around 10,000 people are evacuated from central Berlin, Germany, while bomb disposal experts defuse a 500 kg World War II-era British bomb at a construction site.
- Nine prisoners have escaped from a Berlin, Germany prison over the last five days, with two escaping today.