Sudan accuses Chad of launching two air raids on its territory.
Sudan Friday accused its neighbor Chad of launching two bombing raids on its territory, describing the attacks as "an act of war."
- Reuters (Image)
- The United Nations Security Council condemns the Union of Forces for Democracy and Development's ongoing incursions from Sudan into Chad.
- Chad admits that its military has performed three incursions into Sudan.
- The White House announces that citizens of North Korea, Venezuela, and Chad will be restricted from travelling to the United States, along with citizens of the six nations previously listed in Executive Order 13780 with the exception of Sudan.
- The Parliament of Libya orders the closure of Libya's southern borders with Chad, Sudan, Algeria and Niger while declaring seven southern regions restricted military areas to stop the flow of illegal immigrants and goods.
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir arrives in Chad, a member of the International Criminal Court, despite an arrest warrant.