- Prime Minister Theresa May orders Phillip Lee, a Justice minister, to "air his views in private" after he suggested that Brexit planning should be based on evidence rather than dogma.
- Former Special Air Service officer John Wick is revealed as the whistleblower behind the United Kingdom Parliament's expenses controversy. [http:--news.bbc.co.uk-1-hi-uk_politics-8064731.stm (BBC)] [https:--www.telegraph.co.uk-news-newstopics-mps-expenses-5369066-MPs-expenses-whistleblower-John-Wick-on-why-he-set-the-scandal-running.html "(Telegraph)"]
- The United Kingdom Home Office is restructured with a new Ministry of Justice being formed to handle prisons, probation and the sentencing of offenders.
- Jack Letts, a British Islamic State fighter held in Syria, faces deportion from Syria to Canada instead of the United Kingdom.
- Seven people, including two British tourists, are wounded in a knife attack in the 19th arrondissement of Paris. The attacker, said to be an Afghan national, is arrested by police.