A suicide bomb attack outside a NATO base killed seven civilians in southeastern Afghanistan on Wednesday, a day after a brazen strike by the Taliban in the same town, officials said.
- MSNBC (Image)
- A mosque being used for voter registration is bombed in Khost, Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people and injuring 33.
- A suicide attack kills two Afghans and one United States Army soldier and wounds 30 other people in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- A suicide bomber kills 13 people and injures more than 30 others at an election rally in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.
- A motorcycle rigged with explosives is detonated at an election rally in northeastern Afghanistan, killing at least 14 people, including civilians and security forces.
- U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis makes an unannounced visit to Afghanistan, to attempt to discuss peace with the Taliban, which has declined such talks with the Afghan government.