- In British Columbia, communities are forced to evacuate after a pipeline operated by Enbridge explodes near Prince George.
- The Canadian province of British Columbia begins a postal ballot to determine whether to maintain the current first-past-the-post voting system or switch to a form of proportional representation for their provincial elections.
- A 7.9 magnitude earthquake occurs in the Gulf of Alaska. A tsunami warning is issued for coastal Alaska and British Columbia, and the entire U.S. West Coast is placed under a tsunami watch. Areas of Alaska remain under a tsunami advisory. It is tied as the sixth-largest earthquake ever recorded in the United States, but there are no reports of significant damage or fatalities.
- American stuntwoman Joi 'SJ' Harris is killed in a motorcycle crash in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, while filming for "Deadpool 2".
- A series of earthquakes, the largest registering 6.3, strike near Mosquito Lake, Alaska, near the Alaskan border with British Columbia, Canada. At least one office building and two schools were heavily damaged and evacuated in the Yukon.