- New York Times
- A shooting occurs at a local train station in the Unterföhring suburb of Munich, Germany. The assailant shot a police officer in the head; she is in critical condition. Backup police engaged in a shootout where the suspect and two bystanders were injured. Police do not believe this is a terrorist attack.
- Ten people, including the gunman, are killed and 21 wounded in a shooting in and around the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in the Moosach district of Munich, Germany, next to the Olympic stadium.
- One person is killed and several others injured in a knife attack at the Grafing station, a station of the Munich S-Bahn system in Germany.
- John Demjanjuk is convicted by a German court of killing over 28,000 Jews in Nazi Germany.
- Germany says the laptop bag containing an explosive simulation training device found at Namibia's main airport during loading of a flight to Munich was part of a security test, a day after German Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière issued a warning of possible terror attacks next week.