- Sky News
- The United States Army's elite Delta Force captures their first suspected ISIL operative during a raid in northern Iraq. The detainee is being interrogated by the U.S. and is expected to be turned over to Iraqi officials in the coming days.
- A rocket kills six people and injures over 50 others at Camp Liberty, an Iraqi facility near Baghdad that shelters members of People's Mujahedin of Iran.
- The United States flag is lowered in Baghdad marking the end of U.S. military operations in Iraq after eight years of the Iraq War.
- U.S. forces pull out of Baghdad and leave major cities across Iraq.
- Shia Islamists under cleric Muqtada al-Sadr protest in Baghdad, Iraq, on the anniversary of its capture by the United States Armed Forces in 2003.