Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan announces an emergency budget.
Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan has outlined six steps to restore the Irish economy in his supplementary Budget.
- Irish Times
- RTÉ (Image)
- Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan, Jnr hands down the hardest budget in the country's history.
- Ireland officially falls back into recession.
- As the ruling Fianna Fáil party faces national wipeout, outgoing Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan, Jnr is saved by his own personality. He takes the final seat in the Dublin West constituency, the only Fianna Fáil candidate elected from 47 seats across the capital, with his brother Conor Lenihan and aunt Mary O'Rourke losing out in their bids for re-election elsewhere.
- Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan, Jnr applies for an international bailout to deal with the Irish financial crisis.
- Irish Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan delivers the nation's Budget for 2010.