- All residents are evacuated, 500 of them to the nearby island of Blup Blup, while the once-dormant Kadovar volcano in the Schouten Islands, Papua New Guinea, erupts for the first known time, sending an ash cloud 2.1 km above sea level.
- Mount Cleveland, a volcano in the U.S. state of Alaska, erupts, causing an air traffic alert to be issued.
- The Llaima volcano in Chile begins emitting lava and ash, prompting evacuations and landslide warnings.
- Alaska's Mount Redoubt volcano erupts four more times.
- Alaska's Mount Redoubt volcano erupts.