- Sky News Australia
- All residents are evacuated, 500 of them to the nearby island of Blup Blup, while the once-dormant Kadovar volcano in the Schouten Islands, Papua New Guinea, erupts for the first known time, sending an ash cloud 2.1 km above sea level.
- The Villarrica volcano explodes in southern Chile leading to the evacuation of 3,000 people.
- Residents of Pahoa, Hawaii, begin evacuating ahead of an impending lava flow from the Kilauea volcano.
- The governments of Chile and Argentina issue volcanic activity alerts in areas close to the Copahue volcano after it started spewing ash.
- Lava flows and ash explosions continue to emerge from Philippine volcano Mount Mayon while scientists predict a major eruption in the coming weeks and 30,000 people remain in temporary shelter.