- A blast outside a polling station in Quetta, Pakistan, kills 31 people and wounds several more on election day.
- Police in Quetta, Pakistan, say gunmen shot at Shiites in the city, killing two and injuring one in the latest of a string of attacks on Shiites.
- A suicide bombing took place near a Pakistan army truck in Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan, leaving 15 people dead including 8 soldiers, while injuring 40 others.
- Chinese authorities report "grave concern" over reports that two kidnapped Chinese teachers in Quetta, Pakistan, were killed by members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- At least four are killed in an attack in Quetta, Pakistan. Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility.