- At a summit in Baku, India and Azerbaijan discuss cooperation in areas including counterterrorism, agriculture, infrastuctural development, women's rights, and trade.
- At least 25 people are killed in a fire at a drug-rehabilitation clinic in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- At least 16 people are killed and scores are injured in a residential building fire in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- At the Caspian Summit in Baku, Azerbaijan, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad criticizes NATO for adopting policies based on "false information".
- Several political parties in Azerbaijan release a statement criticising the ruling of Baku Yasamal Court against 15 Shia Muslims, arrested in February while practising their religion in Baku.