Eight National Army soldiers are killed during combat with the Revolutionary Armed Forces in Colombia.
- A Colombian Army Mi-17 helicopter crashes near Segovia, Antioquia, in northern Colombia, killing at least ten people.
- The FARC want an armistice at the start of the peace talks starting October 8th in Oslo, Norway. The government doesn't want a truce.
- Romeo Langlois, a freelance journalist from France 24 who was abducted by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) on April 28, is released by FARC in southern Colombia.
- Colombia's Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia or FARC announces that it has abandoned kidnapping and will soon release its last remaining captives.
- Alfonso Cano, the head of the Colombian militant organisation FARC, is reportedly killed in a raid by the Colombian Army.