- New York state investigators subpoena Michael Cohen as part of their investigation into the Trump Foundation.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defeats Democratic incumbent New York leader Joseph Crowley in what has been described as the "biggest Democratic primary upset victory in years".
- Over 30 people are injured, seven seriously, in a bus collision at Lincoln Tunnel between New Jersey and New York, United States.
- A Federal District Judge for Eastern Pennsylvania temporarily enjoins the Trump administration from implementing new rules that change the Obamacare contraceptive mandate. California, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Virginia and Washington have also sued the federal government over the rules.
- Attorneys general for California, New York, Illinois, and Massachusetts sue the Trump Administration's Department of Education for not granting loan relief to students defrauded by for-profit schools.