A Russian navy ship boarded a suspected Somali pirate vessel Tuesday night, detaining 29 alleged maritime marauders, a Russian Defense Ministry source said.
- The South Korean Navy destroyer "Mummu the Great" and the U.S. Navy cruiser "Gettysburg" capture 17 suspected Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden.
- China's People's Liberation Army Navy begins escorting three warships (two destroyers and one replenishment oiler) to the Gulf of Aden to combat piracy in Somalia.
- Two potential pirate attacks in the Gulf of Aden off the coast of Somalia are disrupted by the Seychelles Coast Guard and the Australian navy.
- A Thai cargo ship is hijacked in the Gulf of Aden off the coast of Somalia.
- A South Korean Navy destroyer rescues a North Korean cargo ship from Somali pirates.