- Sky News
- A magnitude 6.8 earthquake strikes near Tarija, Bolivia, and is felt as far as São Paulo, Brazil, approximately 3,000 km away. There are no reports of major damage or casualties.
- A magnitude 6.9 earthquake strikes off the coast of New Britain Island, Papua New Guinea, at a depth of 35 km. There are no reports of immediate damage. [https:--www.bbc.com-news-world-asia-43592321 (BBC)
- Multiple earthquakes, including a magnitude 6.4 earthquake, strike near Hualien City, Taiwan. At least 9 people are killed and over 250 are injured, with extensive damage to many structures in the city.
- A magnitude 6.5 earthquake strikes the island of Java causing massive damage along with two confirmed deaths.
- A 7.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, west of the Alaskan Aleutian Island of Attu, in the North Pacific Ocean. No immediate reports of casualties or damage; a tsunami warning was cancelled.