An additional 28 survivors from the MV "Princess of the Stars" are found but there are still more than 800 missing from the vessel that sunk during Typhoon Fengshen.
Rescuers scoured theseas around a capsized ferry in the Philippines on Monday formore than 800 people missing after it sank two days ago, as theofficial death toll from a typhoon rose to about 160.
- The discovery that the sunken Philippines ferry MV "Princess of the Stars" was carrying 10,000 kilos of the dangerous pesticide endosulfan leads to the temporary cessation of the recovery of the bodies on board.
- Divers see bodies in the wreck of the MV "Princess of the Stars" off the coast of the Philippines, but no sign of survivors.
- A statue honouring comfort women, sex slaves raped by Japanese World War II soldiers, in Manila, Philippines, is removed less than five months after it was installed.
- A bus falls off a bridge in Occidental Mindoro, Philippines, killing at least 19 people and injuring 21 others.
- Three people are killed in a fire at the Manila Pavilion Hotel in the Philippines.