Tarija Department becomes the fourth Bolivian department to vote for greater autonomy from the government of the President of Bolivia Evo Morales.
- AFP via Google News
- The Bolivian departments of Beni, Pando, Santa Cruz, and Tarija declare autonomy from Evo Morales' central government.
- According to exit polls, Bolivian voters reject a constitutional amendment that would have permitted President Evo Morales to stand for a fourth term in office. His current term expires in 2020.
- Voters in Bolivia go to the polls for a general election with incumbent President Evo Morales winning in a landslide with 60 per cent of the vote.
- Bolivia's President Evo Morales vows to take a border dispute with Chile to the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
- Voters in Bolivia go to the polls for a judicial election - the first ever held in Latin America - with opposition politicians urging voters to spoil their ballots in protest against the government of incumbent President Evo Morales.