A large bus collides head-on with a smaller minibus in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, leaving nine dead.
- The International Herald Tribune
- At least 49 people are killed during landslides in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, with many swept to their deaths as they slept.
- The government of Myanmar announces that it has reached a repatriation agreement with the United Nations regarding Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, saying it will assure that refugees "can return voluntarily in safety and dignity." Members of the UNHCR and the UNDP will be allowed to work in Rakhine State to monitor the process.
- The government of Myanmar agrees to repatriate 1,101 Rohingya refugees out of a list of over 8,000 submitted by their Bangladeshi counterparts. There are currently over 700,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh.
- SpaceX launches Bangabandhu-1, Bangladesh's first geostationary communications satellite, from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, United States.
- A court in Bangladesh sentences Riaz Uddin Fakir to death for war crimes during the 1971 Liberation War.