Militants in Delta State, Nigeria, blow up a Chevron oil pipeline leading to a cessation of production by Chevron in Nigeria.
- James Ibori, a former governor of Delta State, Nigeria, launches a bid to overturn his guilty pleas on corruption charges in the UK alleging police corruption.
- A bomb is thrown into an Arabic school in southern Nigeria's Delta State, injuring seven people.
- A Nigerian court throws out corruption charges against the former governor of the country's Delta State, James Ibori, saying there was no clear evidence.
- Boko Haram militants kill at least 15 people in a village on the outskirts of Maiduguri, in northeast Nigeria.
- A spat in a market in Nigeria's northern Kaduna State results in 55 dead. After the brawl, 22 people were arrested.