The European Union agrees to lift the sanctions it has imposed on Cuba since the 2003 Cocktail Wars dispute.
The EU has agreed to lift sanctions it imposed on Cuba in 2003.
- BBC News
- RTÉ (Image)
- A senior European External Action Service official says that the European Union, in order to protect its companies doing business with Iran, could implement "blocking regulations" based on a legal framework set up in 1996 for E.U. trade with Cuba, should the United States pull out of the 2015 nuclear deal and restore its sanctions.
- Cuba and the European Union sign an accord in Brussels to normalize relations, formally ending the Common Position which was adopted by the Council of the European Union in 1996.
- French authorities impound a Ryanair jet, because of payments owed to the European Union for illegal subsidies, at the Bordeaux-Merignac Airport just before 149 London-bound passengers boarded.
- The Government of the United Kingdom says that UK and EU negotiators reached a draft agreement and that it will be discussed by Cabinet tomorrow.
- Police announce that investigative journalist Viktoria Marinova was found murdered yesterday in a park in Ruse, Bulgaria. Marinova's latest work was on "GPgate", a scandal involving alleged corruption and abuse of European Union subsidies in Bulgaria.