The European Union agrees to lift the sanctions it has imposed on Cuba since the 2003 Cocktail Wars dispute.
The EU has agreed to lift sanctions it imposed on Cuba in 2003.
- BBC News
- RTÉ (Image)
- A senior European External Action Service official says that the European Union, in order to protect its companies doing business with Iran, could implement "blocking regulations" based on a legal framework set up in 1996 for E.U. trade with Cuba, should the United States pull out of the 2015 nuclear deal and restore its sanctions.
- Cuba and the European Union sign an accord in Brussels to normalize relations, formally ending the Common Position which was adopted by the Council of the European Union in 1996.
- European Union diplomats reject Dominic Raab's claim that negotiations are "closing in".
- The European Union announces an aid package of EUR35 million ($40.6 million) for Venezuelans, both inside the country and for those displaced in neighbouring countries.
- Ahead of an expected U.S. announcement that it will cut all aid to the UNRWA, which supports more than 5 million registered Palestinian refugees, Germany calls on European Union states to help bridge the expected US$217 million deficit. Yesterday, Jordan made a similar appeal to the Arab League.